April 9, 2011

calendar days

Today I set up a calendar to help keep track of the birthdays for each Hope Baby. (You can see the calendar here.)

To be very honest, it is just so disheartening to look at that calendar. There are very few days that aren't filled, and that is honestly just because I haven't met many Hope Moms yet, or heard their stories or seen their babies names/dates.

As I was writing in their precious names, praying for each family and the difficult days ahead, I was thankful for this promise about Heaven:

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth,
and the former things shall not be remembered
or come into mind.
But be glad and rejoice forever
in that which I create;
for behold, I create Jerusalem to be a joy,
and her people to be a gladness.
I will rejoice in Jerusalem
and be glad in my people;
no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping
and the cry of distress.
No more shall there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not fill out his days,"
Isaiah 65:17-20, italics mine

Each day represents something heartbreaking to every woman who has our story. Pray for these women as they continue to remember, every day of every month of every year that she has a sweet baby waiting in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment